“Love You” Pancakes: A Sweet Breakfast Surprise for Your Man
Do you guys remember our books editor, Caroline Campion? Well, by night, she is the pen (and pans) behind the food blog devilandegg.com. In Glamour‘s new cookbook, 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know: Engagement Chicken and 99 Other Fabulous Dishes to Get You Everything You Want in Life, Caroline gives her oh-so-sweet recipe for pancakes, and we just had to share them with you.
Berry Pancakes With Ricotta and Maple Syrup
*Serves 2 to 4 *
1 pint fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
4 large eggs, separated
Maple syrup, for serving
1. Working over a bowl, use a grater to zest the lemon, being careful not to remove any of the bitter white pith. Cut the zested lemon into wedges, and set them aside.
__2.__Add the raspberries to the bowl containing the lemon zest. Stir in 1/3 cup sugar, gently crushing the raspberries with a wooden spoon. Set aside while making the pancake batter.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, 1 tbsp. sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, beat the ricotta cheese with milk and egg yolks. Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture, and stir until just combined. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
4. Beat egg whites with a handheld mixer until they hold soft peaks. Next, gently fold the raspberries with their juices into the batter, and then fold in the egg whites. (You want little clumps of whites in the batter. The important thing is not to overmix it.)
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over moderately low heat. Melt 1/2 tbsp. butter at the center of the skillet, where you will spoon the batter.
__6.__Spoon batter into the hot skillet, directly onto the melted butter.
7. Cook each pancake until the bottom is golden brown and the bubbles on the surface begin to break, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the pancake quickly. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute longer.
8. Serve finished pancakes with maple syrup and lemon wedges.
What do you guys think? Yummy, right? Do you make your man pancakes? Does he ever make them for you?
The book comes out next month, but you can preorder your copy here.
More on Engagement Chicken:
4 Engagement Chicken Brides Get Vera Wang Wedding Dress Makeovers
VIDEO: The recipes that’ll change your life, improve your mood and more!
Find out more about the cookbook
More Ways to Get Glamour
*Visit ShopGlamour.com for cute stuff starting at just $10!
*Download Glamour Magazine for your iPad!
*Enter the latest Glamour sweepstakes!
*Follow us on Twitter!
*Add us to your iGoogle homepage.
Take Our Survey and You Could Win an iTunes Gift Card!
Hey Glamour fans, we need your advice. We want to know what’s important to you when it comes to Glamour and all things digital—what do you like most? What do you want to see more of? How and where do you want to read all that fun stuff? Please TAKE OUR SURVEY. As a special thank-you for sharing, you will be entered to win one of 45 iTunes gift cards for taking the survey! See RULES for details.